Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Finally Told Mom

After my experience with the young girl who did not commit suicide because of my testimony, decided it was time to tell mom about what had occurred.

That was one of the most liberating confessions I have ever made. For over 30 years I have been keeping this from mom. After telling her this truth she began to understand why I was so hateful towards men and why I had so many emotional ups and down.

She told me that my daddy was correct in his assumption that if she would have known I would not have been allowed to go over to his home. She said she remembered when I stayed away from Dad's house for over two years. She just did not know why.

The light went off in her head the other day.

There were no tears just honest talk and admittance from mom that she should have paid more attention to the entire situation.

Yes, my father should have told her so that I could have received the proper help, but he didn't and it cost me a life of sure uncertainty. A life of bitterness, pain, and misunderstood love.

I think mom may be a little angry but talking to dad won't work because he has been dead now for over 20 years. She knows my father loved me with all that was in him and that he never let me step-brother touch or harm me again.

He did what he felt he needed to so that I stayed a part of his life. Did it make him right? Not by any means!

I praise God for giving me the courage to tell my mother.

Truly it was liberating.



Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: