Monday, May 21, 2007

A Place to Bleed

"Everyone needs a place to bleed."
Marilyn Griffith

Today I have the privilege of interviewing Christian Fiction author Marilyn Griffith for one of my freelance assignments.

The quote I used above was so on time for me in my walk.

We do all need a place to bleed. Now just what does this mean?

Here is my take.

As children of God we tend to put on this air and make like all is well, when it is really not. We are like that because that is what is expected of us.

But what about when we hurt!

We are supposed to have a chance to seek out our brothers and sisters in Christ and be able to share our burdens with them. No matter it is were our sin or the sin of someone else, we should be able to share it.

As a child growing up I did not know who to share it with. I was threatened not to tell anyone. I was so in the mix that I just thought no one would even care. It taught me to clam up. One day my father looked at me and told me I was so bashful that it made me seem stupid. Now he meant no harm, I had a good Daddy. However, I was so shy and timid around older people or when I was asked about something it did make me appear a bit strange.

Daddy did not know why until later after he found out what was being done by my step-brother. He never knew about the others and I never brought myself to say a thing.

As I got older, I found it difficult to share with anyone. I had a built a wall that was made of the same steel Superman was and not even kryptonite could weaken it.

I bled alone!

I had a lot of friends and some of them knew I had been molested but I never let them see me fall. When I tried they would turn away from ignorance of just not understanding what is was I was going through.

Once I started going to church it was even worse because Christians can be so judgmental. I just did not share.

So I cried to God, but even He knew I needed someone else to share in my pain.

I was led to my mentor Nancy. Through the love of God flowing through her, the steel walls were weakened a bit. I started learning how to trust someone with my bleeding wounds. She never judged, never said I was at fault (people will wonder what you did when you say you have been molested numerous times), and she always bared my burdens as I would hers.

We shared so much together!

Today I have more women like myself to share this burden with. I have a few places where I can bleed.

As I heal for deliverance and liberty, I am reminded that I have a Sister circle that crossed the state lines, goes beyond the Mississippi and deeper than the Grand Canyon.

How grateful I am for my places to bleed.

Please if you are reading this and you don't allow others to bleed think about your why and ask God to help you to support another Sister.

2 comments:

Woman of Faith said...

thanks for sharing this Latara! It seems we are simliar to some extent in this area. your right christians can be judgmental and you get afriad to share anything with them. You don't know who to turn to when you are hurting. you want a sister to carry the load but your afraid to share whats on your mind on this. I was blessed in the fact that my other step-bro was in the house and protected me before it could reach that point. If it weren't for him I don't know what would have happened. thanks to your blog I am sharing my hurt with you. I've kept it hidden all these years because I couldn't trust anyone. for someone who has been there it helps me heal too.

Well, hello there. I'm Karen said...

The Lord has been dealing with me for 20+ years with this issue. I did receive excellent counseling, and have taken steps to help others, but as things are with life, things happen that alter our course. Now, is this the course we should have been on to begin with? Anyway, God continues to deal with me as to how I am to reach out and help others. May your step of faith be the impetus for the Lord's leading in my life. Thank you for your courage.